2. COVID-19 Special Fundraising Stories – Four Cases
3. Future Tasks
※ Among 3 major nonprofits that were authorized to actively run COVID-19 response campaign, CCK raised the largest fund at the level of USD $89M. The other two organizations are Korea Disaster Relief Association (KRW 95.1 billion or approx. USD 78,660,050) and the Korea Red Cross (KRW 77.3 billion or approx. USD 63,937,138).
※ CCK’s ability to deal with social disasters has been further strengthened.
- The Korea Disaster Relief Association and the Korean Red Cross mostly focused on material support, such as relief kits, while CCK focused on welfare services and programs, including living expenses for families in crisis and meals for the homeless. - CCK’s accountable operation model gained trust, as it provided support for the private emergency relief system, through its network with various welfare institutions, social economy organizations, grassroots organizations, disaster response agencies, and volunteer centers in local communities.
- to support social welfare organizations in their disinfection and quarantine control efforts
- to provide personal hygiene products for vulnerable groups
- to provide ready-to-cook meals for those in danger of malnourishment
- to support small business owners and unemployed people affected by COVID-19